Since you cannot watch TV channels in the traditional way, you have decided to rely on IPTV which basically gives you the ability to watch TV over the Internet. In today’s new guide, we will cover in particular the following aspects how to create an IPTV list in case you come across illegal lists or with little content.
How to create an online IPTV list
The first solution we propose to create an IPTV list is to take advantage of a simple website called Scriptun accessible through the browser.
These are the steps to follow:
- Open your default Internet browsing program (eg Chrome , Firefox , Safari or Edge ) and connect to the web portal by Scriptun .
- At this point, in the box on the left, under the heading Enter the file paths and optionally the time , type or paste the streaming source of the individual TV channels you want to watch via IPTV and then add to the list.
- After that, hit Send from on your keyboard to wrap, and enter additional links if you wish. By entering the sources in the box, on the right, under the heading Results The Code of the IPTV list that will be automatically dialed.
- After entering all your favorite TV channels and links, click Save as m3u file to get the M3U File to be uploaded to your preferred device via the application or program. In this case, we recommend that you take a look at our guide on how to upload IPTV lists, where you will find detailed explanations of the steps to follow.
If you want to edit the list before saving it to your computer, you can use the Results panel and change some information such as entering the name of each television channel .
Also read: How to Turn off Pop Up Blocker on Mac?
How to create an IPTV list with VLC
In case you are looking for a free and easy-to-use software, we recommend that you consider VLC Media Player . In addition to being a powerful multimedia file player, it allows you to create M3U lists to be played both in it and in other software that supports IPTV .
Let’s see how to use it on your Windows PC or Mac:
- Since its default browser, connect to the official website of VLC and click the button Download VLC to proceed to download.
- After the installation is complete, open the program, click the Media menu at the top, and choose Open Network Stream .
- On the screen that appears, type or paste the link to the IPTV Channel you want to watch and tap on Play (on Windows) or Open (on macOS) to start production.
- In the next step, tap on Stop at the bottom and repeat the process with another source. Every time a network stream is created, the default VLC Media Player playlist will be added to the Staircase . If you want to delete a TV channel, just go to the Stair option from the View menu in Windows or from the left sidebar in macOS . Then right-click on the font you want to remove and select Remove Selection or Clearin the context menu that appears. If you want, you can also change the playback order by dragging and dropping the files with the mouse to your liking.
- At this point, you can export the IPTV List in M3U format by choosing Save Playlist to File from the Media menu (on Windows) or Save Playlist from the File menu (on macOS).
- Then choose the folder where you want to save the file and click Save to complete the operation.
How to create an IPTV list with iTunes
Besides VLC you can use other very famous software that is even available out of the box on Mac: we are talking about iTunes . The well-known management program developed by Apple allows you to create M3U lists compatible with IPTV .
Let’s see the steps you must follow to take advantage of it:
- If you have a Windows PC , proceed to download iTunes from website and install it. As mentioned above, it is already included on the Mac .
- In the next step, launch iTunes , click the File menu at the top, and choose New Playlist from the menu that appears.
- At this point, name the IPTV list in the left sidebar and then select Open Streaming from the File menu .
- In the box that opens, type or paste the link to the source of the IPTV Channel you want to play and click on OK .
- Via the file playback screen at the top, right-click and choose Add to Playlist > Playlist Name from the context menu. Do the same for the other IPTV channels you want to add to the list.
- To export the iTunes playlist first click File , then Library, and then Export Playlist .
- Then choose the destination folder, set the M3U Format in the Format box , give it a name and click Save to finish the operation.
How to create an IPTV list with a text editor
If you are looking for a simple, fast and practical solution, you can use a text editor and manually create the IPTV list containing your favorite channels.
Let’s see the steps to follow:
- Open your favorite text editor on your Windows PC or Mac and enter the code # EXTM3U in the first line of text. This allows you to open the IPTV List .
- On the next line, enter #EXTINF: n is replaced n with -1 , place a comma and enter the name of the IPTV channel .
- After pressing the Send button on your keyboard, type the link for the broadcast source of the TV channel and continue following the same procedure with the other channels you want to insert.
- Once the IPTV List is done simply save it to your Windows PC or Mac by identifying the Save As command that is usually found in the File in the upper left corner. In this case, be careful to set the extension .m3u (eg, listiptv.m3u ).
- Finish the operation simply by pressing the button. Save .